Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

The Greatest Of These IS Love Update

Hello again my friend, I wrote you back awhile ago about my friend and the struggles we face as living with his AIDs diagnosis and its impact on life and love. Well, I last saw him in June and things were well. His sick beloved pet we discussed earlier is doing very well in spite of kidney failure and has outlived her diagnosis amazingly..and to his joy. Our relationship is now one of close friendship and thats forever. But as for the lovelife..I will always love him and he will always be in my prayers, but he has mostly chosen not to continue our prior love life. He states that he "shouldn't be lovin' nobody" and he says he has "snakes" about involving anyone in his dying. I have already told him..I am already involved and will always be there for him..now and after life on earth. That said...I wanted to tell you that I'm ok. I know I am never alone and I have given all my worries and fears over to God. I know I can't change any of it..so I will put my energies where I can matter. I just am getting over pnemonia and been trying to take care of that. I do however need to get an HIV test soon just for good measure although low risk incidences.I don't think I am infected, but I am a little worried.Please keep us in your prays. I'll keep in touch. In God's love, JC

Response from Dr. Currier

Dear JC--Thank you so much for your update. I admire your fidelity and love and your dedication to your friend even with the changes that have come into your relationship. I pray that God always bless your love. Invite your friend to consider that "loving you" is more than the physical relation you once had and that love is a very important expression of ongoing friendship. As you observed--"being there" is a very precious promise and gift. I will also pray for you as you get tested that God's love and tenderness give you strength and hope. Keep in touch! Fr. Rod

Greatest Update
Please pray for me