Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

The Greatest ...Jan 2000

Hello Father M.

I failed to ask you in my last letter how your coping with the loss of your special beloved mother. I didn't forget really and I'm sorry my last letter did not address my concern. I have some issues with similar losses I am still dealing with. Sometimes the only way I "deal" by not dealing. :( Some days there is nothing to relieve the longing feeling or the hurt. Other days I try to do positive things to "appreciate" life like they can no longer do. You will be in my prayers and I will ad you to my church prayer list tomorrow. I have been working in "mission outreach" for the past year and have a few programs sprung and thriving involving AIDS and animal compassion and support. Recently we did an animal blessing for sick animals...and I didn't bring my cat. Well, she got outside and I found her dead in the road in front of the house. My 6 year old daughter is worried she wasn't blessed. Her name was Tinkerbell and she was 10 years old. We'd feel much better if you would say a little prayer for her. And for Will, for my family and for all those suffering.

Blessings and keep in touch.

JenC

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear JenC

Thank you for your letter and my apologies for the delay in responding. I did take a week off to continue to deal with my grief in losing my mom. I am well aware that since she was always a prayerful and loving supporter of the National Catholic AIDS Network and the ministry I have been privileged to do with people infected and affected--she is watching over me and all of us as we continue to meet the challenges ahead. I always hope and pray that all of us who face the loss of someone we love will both hear and experience God's promise to walk with us in our sadness and loneliness. I pray this for you and your family also as you lose a beloved pet Tinkerbell. Blessings and peace, Fr. Rod

Mad at God
Greatest Update