Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Have the greatest Faith in God, our savior!

I have recently been diagnosed with HIV. I have also been on medications for about two months and am doing great, thank God! Frankly, Father, I find great strength in God. I pray every morning and give thanks for all the wonderful things he provides me with. I am only 23-years-old and live my life a day at a time. I wanted to ask you to pray for me so that I can continue my battle against this disease. Also, please let all of those HIV+ out there that there is salvation and strength in God, despite being infected we must not feel pitiful or punished by our Savior. God bless you and keep up this great channel of faith open to us.

Warmest regards, + in NYC.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear + in NYC, I am sincerely thankful for your testimony about the power of faith and trust in God. Since HIV/AIDS continues to isolate people and fear of rejection and prejudice keeps infected people from talking about their condition, it is critical to have a "friend" whose unconditional love is always available. You have a wisdom and insight beyond your 23 years -- I pray that you will share your faith and be attentive to those whose fear and anger still keep them from trusting in God's love and the presence of a "Higher Power" in their lives. Please pray for me and all of us who try to be channels of faith and hope. Blessings, Fr. Rod

Muslim(Islam), and Aids/HIV and Recitation Of Holy Verses of Koran
POWER OF PRAYER