Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Muslim(Islam), and Aids/HIV and Recitation Of Holy Verses of Koran

Hello/ Salam father Rodney

What is your opinion about Recitation Of Holy Koran Verses

(HOLY BOOK OF MUSLIM) to gain spiritual strength to fight HIV/AIDS in Muslims and if people of other religion and faith feel Ok, then they can try too. I think all religion want Human being to believe in Healing power of ALLAH/GOD. ALLAH/GOD as we all believe is ultimate Healer. What is your opinion/view on this? Dr Ali Imran Public Health Consultant President, International Aids Association website: On Aids In Urdu And English for Asian and Muslim

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Dr. Imran,

Salam and thank you for your kind note. Despite the differences in religions and spiritual beliefs, I have found that what is very common for people infected and affected by AIDS is the desire for a spiritual connection and support. If this is found through the verses of the Koran, the Hebrew Scriptures, the New Testament or other spiritual writings it is certainly a blessing. I believe that God/Allah is unconditional in love and power of healing and for this I rejoice with you and all my brothers and sisters who seek to proclaim this belief in the face of the challenges of the pandemic. Blessings to you, Fr. Rodney

Catholic high school teacher
Have the greatest Faith in God, our savior!