Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

What is death

Could you please tell to the best of your knowledge what happens after we die, where do we go if we go somewhere, or we just become dust and that is the end.

I am a very sick person with AIDS and death scares me very much.

Thank you

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend, Thank you for your question. First of all I want to promise you that I will keep you in my prayers that God will hold you close when you feel so afraid. I have been asked by many people about what happens after death and I have pondered this question in the face of my own death someday. I hope and believe that we will be in a place and with people that will be immersed in love and light. It will be the opposite of the alienation, loneliness, fear and separation which all of us experience in our lives here. Since the Scriptures tell us that God is love, I think that this is the atmosphere that waits us after death. I invite you to pray that God give you the courage and strength to experience his care and love for you especially in those moments when you are alone and afraid. Talk to God in those moments and then close your eyes and listen. Blessings, Fr. Rod

ready to die but afraid of going to hell
Very scared and sad, please help me