|Children with AIDS
Dec 11, 1996
I am trying to find information on Children who have AIDS or have a family member who has AIDS. I need to find out the emotional and physical problems that they encounter every day in life.
| Response from Rev. Pieters
I am not an expert on Pediatric AIDS, but there are several places you might look for further information. 1) Here at The Body, we have a section of articles about Children and AIDS. 2) Check out Loel Poor's photo exhibit here at The Body. Among these photographs are 3 or 4 photos of children with AIDS, with rather extensive commentary about them. 3) If you have any pediatric treatment questions, address them to Joel Gallant, M.D., our treatment expert here at The Body. 4) For further information over the phone, call Tuesday's Child, a nationally-known social service agency for children with HIV/AIDS, and children of adults living with HIV/AIDS. Their phone number is 310-204-2081, and they are located in Los Angeles.
5) There's an organization called Mother's Voices which is doing some good work. They have a website: http://www.mvoices.org, or can be reached by calling 212-730-2777 (New York City).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.