Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ahmadiyyat Movement in Islam
Jul 14, 1998

Peace be upon you,

I am an Ahmadi Muslim and we have website at www.alislam.org. Also, being African American and once a Christian, the church in the African American communities do not take the view as MCC.

Recently, the churches in my community held a unity rally against the KKK. During the rally, someone spoke about homosexuality and got booed.

In Islam, God has made it clear that homosexuality is an abomination. In terms of the AIDS pandemic, if people followed the Torah, the True Teachings of Prophet Isa (Jesus), and actions of Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)HIV would not be an issue.

Pre-maritial sex and drug use are not approved of an any religion. Under the law of land (USA) two women and two men cannot be married, so that is fornication. We are all the creation of God; however, this disease is consequences of our actions.

Please share this website with your community.

www.alislam.org/ram/articles/00000294.htm.

Response from Rev. Pieters

Although I strongly disagree with your beliefs about homosexuality and AIDS as printed in the article on your website, I respect the diversity of opinion that exists in the world's religions. Therefore, I am posting your letter to let readers who might be interested in a Muslim response to AIDS know about your website.

Previous
I have a qust. to an article that you wrote
Next
Does Organized Religion Divide Us Instead Of Bring Us Together?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.