Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I have a qust. to an article that you wrote
Feb 15, 1999

Dear Rev. A. Stephen Pieters,

I read your article on HIV/AIDS: Is it God's Judgement?, and I have a couple questions that I would like to ask you about your writing. You stated " Not only does the Bible not condemn loving same-sex relationships, it has many positive images and references to physical intimacy and sexuality." I have a response to that. If you look in 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, It talks about honoring God with our bodies and fleeing from sexual immorality because our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit. Also in 1 Corinthias 6:9-11, It begins to talk about some of the sins of man. It includes homosexuality as one of the sins. It does go on to talk about being washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. My question to you is how can you promote homosexual behavior when the Bible clearly talks against it. Yes Jesus Christ died for our sins and Yes whosoever believes in Christ will have eternal life. And this does include lesbians and gay men. However, to have everlasting life you must not only believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins, but this also includes repentence. If the Bible talks against homosexual behavior and you are in a homosexual relationship, this is not repentence, and the Bible speaks clearly that we must repent of our sins for God to forgive us of our sins. So can you explain to me how you can have an intimate relationship with Christ and still continue to do what he has told us not to do? I would greatly appreciate a response to this letter and to have your point of view on this subject. Thankyou for your time.

Sincerely,

Julie :)

Response from Rev. Pieters

I know of nowhere in the Bible where Jesus, the Christ, speaks against homosexuality. Paul speaks against the cultic homosexual prostitution he saw going on in the Greek world, but says nothing about loving, same-sex intimate relationships. In the First Letter of John, chapter 4, it is written that "God is love," and "those who love know God... Where love is, there too is God." So when two women or two men love each other, God is present. And our sexuality is a gift from God which allows us to express our love. I believe that God blesses, not condemns, expressions of love. Don't you?

Previous
HOW TO STRENGTHEN FAITH IN THE LORD?
Next
Ahmadiyyat Movement in Islam

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.