Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

some Christain view AIDS as God's punisment
Feb 15, 1999

l'm doing a school report on AIDS and I just wanted to know where you think God would fit on the whole issue. I've heard from some Christians that AIDS is really God's punishment for the sexuall immorality that exists. They support their view by saying that AIDS started among homosexual people, a practice that is rejected in the Bible. I just wanted to know where you think God fits in all this. Thank you for your time.

Response from Rev. Pieters

From everything I've read, HIV infection and AIDS began among human beings because it was passed from monkeys to humans before it was ever passed from one human being to another, which globally happens among heterosexuals far more than among gay men and lesbians. Is it therefore God's punishment against those who are bitten by monkeys? Is it God's punishment to those who express their sexuality with the opposite gender?

For a complete answer on whether AIDS is God's punishment for sexual immorality, please read "HIV/AIDS: Is It God's Judgment?" found here on my page at The Body. HIV is a virus. It is not God delivering a punishment. God loves us, and heals us, and gives us life.

Previous
need help finding my way
Next
Made a mistake: Am I 'in for it'?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.