Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

some Christain view AIDS as God's punisment

l'm doing a school report on AIDS and I just wanted to know where you think God would fit on the whole issue. I've heard from some Christians that AIDS is really God's punishment for the sexuall immorality that exists. They support their view by saying that AIDS started among homosexual people, a practice that is rejected in the Bible. I just wanted to know where you think God fits in all this. Thank you for your time.

Response from Rev. Pieters

From everything I've read, HIV infection and AIDS began among human beings because it was passed from monkeys to humans before it was ever passed from one human being to another, which globally happens among heterosexuals far more than among gay men and lesbians. Is it therefore God's punishment against those who are bitten by monkeys? Is it God's punishment to those who express their sexuality with the opposite gender?

For a complete answer on whether AIDS is God's punishment for sexual immorality, please read "HIV/AIDS: Is It God's Judgment?" found here on my page at The Body. HIV is a virus. It is not God delivering a punishment. God loves us, and heals us, and gives us life.

need help finding my way
Made a mistake: Am I 'in for it'?