Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My son was just diagnosed with HIV+
Mar 19, 1999

Rev Pieters

I have a son in Prison and he just told my husband and I yesterday he was diagnosed with HIV+ but he says the Lab technician says he has Full-blown aids. I was in shock whild there I did listen to him quietly. My faith in God has gotten me thru many obstacles and I have survived but this is a tough one. I really don't even know where to begin what to do what to say. I'm just shocked. My son is 27 years old. He is my youngest of 4 children. I know God is punishing his SIn not him. My son was saved and baptized but he has slipped away from this. He says they are not going to give him any medicine. He is due to be released this year. Im just very confused and don't even know the questions I should ask. I just have a need for Spiritual Insight on this. Please respond!!!!!!!

Thank you,

Linda

Response from Rev. Pieters

Dear Linda,

I'm so sorry that this sorrow has happened for you. Hopefully, your son will survive his incarceration without medication, since he will be released this year. I survived without any medication for a number of years before treatments became available. It can be done! Your positive attitude with him can help a lot.

After his release, he can receive the treatments he will need to survive.

I hope that you will reach out for help and support in your local area... find an HIV/AIDS social service agency in your area and ask for resources for parents of people with HIV. Call the AIDS National Interfaith Network (1-800-288-9619) and ask them for compassionate churches and AIDS ministries in your area.

There are plenty of people willing and able to support you through this. Keep reaching out for help!

Previous
How can I help?
Next
Dealing with Parents

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.