Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Gift of Friendship

Rev. Pieters:

We have a good friend who was diagnosed with AIDS several years ago. He is very special to us, and we thank God for every day that we get to spend with him. He is so vibrant and full of life. Only 21, he still joins us in our activities. At times he does get tired and we slow down for him. I would just really appreciate if you could pray for our friend. He is very special to us. We pray everyday for a cure. Please, it would make us feel much better if we knew someone else was praying for our friend.

Thank you.

Response from Rev. Pieters

You got it! I'll be praying for him, as I'm sure a lot of people who read this will, as well. Remember, it is so important to maintain hope in living with HIV or AIDS. And today, with all the treatments available, there is so much more reason to have hope than when I was sick in the early and mid-eighties. Combination treatments are keeping people with HIV alive and active far longer than in the early days of AIDS!

I'm glad you slow down when he needs to... that is very compassionate. Nurture the spirit of life you see in him, even in "down" periods. He's on a rollercoaster... go for the ride with him, aware that your love is a real healing force in his life.

You're all in my prayers.

Job's Comforters
many, many thanks