Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

God is love and His love is found in His word, why do you not use the Bible?

I am concerned that you do not use the scriptures in its proper text and interpretation. In 2 Peter 2:20-21, it is very clear that the bible is not for our own private interpretation. Most all of God's promises are conditional. Just because you profess to believe in God and act as a minister does not say that you even know God or His heart. The bible says in John 3:3 you must be born again to see the kingdom of God. You may be experiencing God's love because He is good and merciful, but if you want full healing body, soul and spirit, it comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as LORD and then to be obedient to His word that says we must be scripturally baptised (completely emersed ) inot a New Testament church to find your real place and calling. If you went to bible college, why then do you not understand that the entire New Testament was written to churches? The word church comes from the Greek word "Ecclesia" which means called out assembly not some universal "pie in the sky" place. Only by an obedient walk worthy of the lord will you receive the full benefits of the gospel. Sir, you need to understand that God loves us enough that we do not have to figure it for ourselves. He gave us a plan through His word, and He gave us a place of safety, the church. Jesus Himself said "the gates of hell cannot prevail against the church." You need to find a real full gospel church that ministers the truth in love, and not some etherial no accountability of your lifestyle love either. The truth will set you free if you want to be free. And not free in the way the world teaches. Read Eph 2:8-9, then John chapter 3, ask God to show you how you can really know HIM . He is waiting for you with open arms."

Response from Rev. Pieters

You and I read the Bible very differently. This does not make one of us wrong and one of us right. I believe that individual conscience and scholarly analysis are important factors in how we all read, interpret, and understand the Bible. From your lengthy statement, you seem to believe that I do not know God or God's Word. On the contrary, I have spent most of my life reading, studying, and learning about God and God's Word. But I have learned in a way that is very different from yours. This does not make me wrong. If you read my columns, you will find that I use the Bible plentifully. I already have found a "real full gospel church that ministers the truth in love," and that is the Metropolitan Community Church. The truth has set me free. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I believe this underlies everything I write for "The Body," in spite of your judgments. I believe there is room for diversity in God's creation, as well as in the ways that individuals seek God. You seem to believe there is but one path. Clearly you do not agree with my theology or faith, and I do not agree with yours. But in the United States, we believe in freedom of religion. Therefore, I am free to believe as I do, just as you are free to believe as you do. I have the deepest faith and confidence in God's love for me as a gay man living with AIDS. Nothing you say or quote from the Bible can change my experience of, and faith in, God's healing and sustaining love, just as (I have a feeling) nothing I say or quote from the Bible will change your mind about your judgments of my understanding of God, faith and the Bible. I pray that you will learn to understand and tolerate the diversity of God's people and our faith.

Ignorance about reality - Reality check
Trust