Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Loving Him...

Hi ! My posting here has nothing to do with HIV. However, I'm writing because need help on being a better Christian.

I was born a Chirstian but however, sad to say, I am not a good one. I say that not because I do not follow his teachings...I never had sex, I don't do drugs etc. I say that because I feel that I'm doing all this ( following his teachings ) solely because I felt that it was my duty as a Christian.

When I look around with at my friends, I see that they do it out love for Jesus. I believe in Jesus, that he died for us on the cross but why can't I feel the love for him in me ? I find it more meaningful to do serve the Lod out of love and not only because of 'duty' and fear as a Christian. How can I learn to love him..where in the bible that I can learn all this? Please help me. I feel like I have failed Him. Not only that, I feel like a hypocrite and would feel shameful and embarresed everytime I go to church or pray because I never learned to love Him as I should.

2. I am aware that there are different types of Christians. ie. Catholics and Protestants. Do you think it matters to God whether one is Protestant, Catholic or others ?

Response from Rev. Pieters

First of all, stop beating yourself up about this! People experience Jesus in many different ways, and your feelings are never going to be just like someone else's. Loving Jesus, or having faith in Jesus, can be experienced and expressed in many different ways. You seem to care deeply about experiencing love for Jesus, but perhaps you already do. You just may not experience love (or faith) the same way your friends do. It is obvious to me that you care deeply about your faith, and that you are conscientiously working on your faith. This is what is important, not some outward demonstration of your love for Jesus.

On your second question, I am one who believes that God loves all people, no matter the way they profess or practice their faith. You don't have to believe just exactly the way some other person does in order to have a meaningful spiritual life. I like the saying "It doesn't matter so much what you believe, but that you believe."

Does hell exist?
Virginity