May 7, 1998
How did you contract the disease?
Response from Rev. Pieters
I became sexually active as a gay man in 1977. I first got sick with HIV infection in 1982. Sometime during that period, then, I contracted HIV through unprotected sexual contact with another gay man. Back then, we didn't know about safer sex techniques. Now that we do, I always practice safer sex. I don't want to give anyone else what I have, nor do I want to contract any other viruses, or another strain of HIV.
I joyfully remain a sexually active gay man. My gratitude to God for my sexuality and the miracle of my life make me want to preserve and nurture my body for as long as I can. This means practicing safer sex and responsible self-care. As a survival strategy, it has worked for 16 years now!
Affects on the US
Can a anontant for a person really work?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.