Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Alternative thinking?
Jul 29, 1998

Dear Reverend,

Have you read any of the material written by the growing number of scientists who question the role of HIV in AIDS? Personally, as a scientist, my conscience is extremely troubled by the unwillingness of my colleagues to address this issue, all the while urging the prescription of very toxic medicines to my fellow man. Perhaps you may find the following web link informative -- it shows that more and more people (many of them with professional degreees) are demanding that this issue be addressed.

http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/statement/index.htm

Yours,

Todd Miller, PhD Biochemistry/Molecular Biology

Response from Rev. Pieters

HIV's role in causing AIDS has been debated for as many years as we have known about the virus. From the many, many people I have talked to on both sides of the issue, I remain convinced to this day that HIV is indeed a major cause of developing AIDS. My own doctor has demonstrated to me over and over again the effects of HIV infection on my whole system. Because I know today's treatments can be difficult to take, I have been very blessed that I have been able to tolerate the antivirals I have taken. I can see through my blood tests, as well as through my own general well-being, that they are working.

I have also known a number of friends to reject the notion that HIV causes AIDS, and they refused all anti-HIV therapies. Most of them are dead now.

So while there may indeed be co-factors that lead to the development of AIDS, I am convinced that HIV is the major cause. Thank God that it can be treated so effectively for those who can access, afford, and tolerate the treatments. Scientists and doctors are well aware that we need better, less toxic drugs. But meanwhile, there are a lot of people who, like myself, are benefiting from taking antiviral therapies.

I pray that these medicines will be improved, and that they will be made available to all persons with HIV and AIDS throughout the world.

Previous
Confusion over
Next
God and

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.