Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

My Attacker was HIV

I was raped three months ago. My attacker, a serial rapist, was found and I was told that he was HIV positive. I went to the emergency room and they drew blood. I had blood drawn again to day and now I'm in limbo until I can get some kind of answers on the state of my health. Simply asked, what do I do?

Response from Rev. Pieters

Dear Shanta,

You hang on to life with courage and with faith. What an amazingly tense and uncomfortable situation you are in. But with faith in the living God, who loves you and wants you to be fully alive, you can bear this. Pray with every breath. Focus on your faith, not your fear.

If you are infected, remember that God is greater than the death of Jesus Christ, as shown in the Resurrection, so you can rest assured that God is greater than HIV. God heals, and gives life, even in the face of HIV. Today, with the appropriate medications, you can live with HIV. It can be very different today for a person living with HIV than it was 15 years ago. So if you are positive, you have real reason to have hope.

Nurture your hope, your life, and your body, no matter what. We believe in the God of LIFE!

Let me know what happens, Shanta. I care.

HIV Positive Doctors: should they still work?
What about the end?