Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Pregunte a los Expertos Sobre

Vivir con el VIHVivir con el VIH

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Preguntas RecientesPreguntas por CategoriaHaga una Pregunta

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

85%?
May 6, 2005

Dear Dr. Santana,sorry for asking in english.But my spanish language is very bad. I feel hopeless.I have read a lot of your answers in the forum.You wrote,85% of infected people have a pos. elisa after 6 months.Only 85%??? This mean,15% have a false neg.elisa 6 months after exposure? My problem is,I have a lot of bad hiv-symptoms.But I have done some elisas about 20 months-all tests neg.I have done 3pcr-dna (for subtyp 1 and2) after 5,7 and 10 months-all pcr-tests neg.But the symptoms dont go,the cd4 is only 540/35%.I am sure to be a person of the 15%.What can I do???Is hiv sometimes undetectable?My doc. in Germany mean,after 6 months the elisa is sure.But in my opinion-85%+symptoms is hard to accept.Please help me,what can I do to be sure?What a test would you do in my situation?The symptoms are real,not in my head.Please help me!!! Thank you very much. Thomas

Respuesta del Dr. Santana

Dear Sir:

You may have misunderstood or I may have misquoted. 85% of people after a true significant exposure have seroconverted by 3 months. By 6 months, close to 95%+ have seroconverted.This does not mean that the remaining 15% are false negative, they just did not became infected. In your case I do believe you are not infected at all,plenty of Elisa testings and PCR results.

Regresar
urgente!!!!!!!!!!!!
Siguiente
FALSO POSITIVO PCR ADN POR FAVOR CONTESTE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Reciba un correo electrónico cuando este foro es actualizado, o con el RSS (en inglés)

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.