For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>
Pregunte a los Expertos Sobre

Vivir con el VIHVivir con el VIH
Preguntas RecientesPreguntas por CategoriaHaga una Pregunta

aids and kids

hi there my cousin gave birth to a healthy daughter 16 years ago. She never told us until 3 years ago that she and her husband were infected with HIV virus. Now her daughter is having sinus infections, frequent fever last night she was vomiting, she is feeling tires and depressed, she is having this problem since December and nothing works on her, My mom, who raised her, is terrified to ask the doctor for a HIV test, what can I do? Please help.

Respuesta del Dr. Tebas

It is very unlikely that your cousin has been infected for 16 years without symptoms. If your mother is worried about HIV there are plenty of sites that would do the test for free. Some counseling before and after, nothing very intimidating. Just do it!

Voy a iniciar juicio a los medicos que me han visto!

Reciba un correo electrónico cuando este foro es actualizado, o con el RSS (en inglés)