|aids and kids
Jan 26, 2004
hi there my cousin gave birth to a healthy daughter 16 years ago. She never told us until 3 years ago that she and her husband were infected with HIV virus. Now her daughter is having sinus infections, frequent fever last night she was vomiting, she is feeling tires and depressed, she is having this problem since December and nothing works on her, My mom, who raised her, is terrified to ask the doctor for a HIV test, what can I do? Please help.
Respuesta del Dr. Tebas
It is very unlikely that your cousin has been infected for 16 years without symptoms. If your mother is worried about HIV there are plenty of sites that would do the test for free. Some counseling before and after, nothing very intimidating. Just do it!
Reciba un correo electrónico cuando este foro es actualizado, o con el RSS (en inglés)
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.