Pregunte a los Expertos Sobre

Vivir con el VIHVivir con el VIH

Preguntas RecientesPreguntas por CategoriaHaga una Pregunta

Please anwser my question

I speak fluently spanish very well and my mother is from Mexico. My spanish is not as good written as it is english. Although I would feel more at ease asking the question in english

I know this might not be the right forum but you are a doctor and I need some clarafication. It would give me great peace of mind if u would

Here is my story again. I developed Hives 10 days after having unprotected sex. The next day I developed swollen glands. I went to say both my dermatologist and regular doctor who could not explain the causes of my hives. The blood test came back negative for viral infections and the glands went down 4-5 days later. Although the hives are 90 gone but despite taking Zrtec they keep coming back but in very small but miminal fashion.

1) Are hives indicative sof the viral Hiv syndrome 2) does the fact my hives persist a bad sign, as one website stated. 3) does the fact i had no fever or sore throat a good sign 4) I have also developed orange type dirrhea in the last 9 days. It is not listed as a side effect of Zrtec, so as a result I am terrified it might be HIV.

I know testing in 3 month is the best way but have you ever heard through collegues, doctors or research of Hives of being indicative of HIV.

I would really really really like if you simply answer my question it would give me peace of mind.

Thank you

Respuesta del Dr. Santana

Dear Friend: I don't know if I should answer in spanish or english. Here I go.

Hives is not a symptom of HIV infection. The absence of fever and other symptoms is a good sign that this is not HIV infection.

IF you have dark urine and diahrrea then you might as well test yourself for hepatitis A, B, C.

Hope information is valuable to you.

Regresar
contagio
Siguiente
3-6 meses?

Reciba un correo electrónico cuando este foro es actualizado, o con el RSS (en inglés)