Dec 4, 2001
Dear Dr, As twice daily Fortovase (2*1600)is not FDA approved is it as potent as three times daily Fortovase (3*1200)? What are the chances for twice daily Fortovase to work as well as three times daily regimen? When do you prescribe twice daily Fortovase?
Pls any commnet will be of hepl.
Response from Dr. Boyle
Twice daily Fortovase is roughly equivalent to thrice daily. To be honest, I don't use much Fortovase without using Norvir (ritonavir) boosting (generally 400/400 BID), which decreases the pill burden and improves the pharmacokinetics.
- How Long After Sex Can Hiv Or Aids Be Detected In A Blood Test?
- How Will I Know If I'm Infected With Hiv Or Aids?
- How To Know If You Caught Hiv Right After Sex?
- Can Someone Get Hiv Or Aids If Both Partners Don't Have It?
- How Does Hiv Affect The Human Body?
- Can People With Hiv Get Married?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.