can i live a full life

dear dr boyle, can i live a full and normal life on the meds? i mean can i live to reach retirement age and pass that? im on viracept and combivar and have had no side effects at all . thats exciting for me. dr holingdy on your network,told me i can live way pass retirement age, as long as i take my meds. please let me know, because im very scared. i see magic johnson has lived for ten years or more and is doing very well. is he getting any special care because he is rich? or is he on the same kind of meds as other people with hiv? thanks and god bless you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Magic Johnson is not getting any treatment that is not also available to you. I believe that if you take your medications religiously and are carefully followed by your doctor, you should live a long and productive life. We continue to make rapid and important progress in the fight against HIV disease and medications are getting more effective and easier to take. Good luck!

why not in US?
Failing combivir/viramue