Expectations?

Is it realistic to exspect combination therapy to last for decades? Can a person taking the HIV coctails espect to live say 30 years on them, assuming that they are taken correctly and not skipping dosages? I hear diffrent people say diffrent things and was wondering if you could tell me what the truth is in this matter? Thanks for all your help.

Response from Dr. Boyle

If taken without fail, the current medications are likely to last years, but decades is probably a stretch. Fortunately, with the advances likely to occur in HIV treatment it is unlikely that they are going to have to. The important thing is to stay healthy now using the available medications. I am confident future advances will keep you healthy, but you have to make sure you get there.

kaletra/videx/azt- leeway with time?
Re: Expectations