kaletra/videx/azt- leeway with time?

dear doctor Boyle, I am switching from sustiva/epivir/zerit because the combo was no longer working. my doctor will put me on kaletra/azt/videxEC.

1) do I have some play time with this combination as far as when I take them (an hour or so before or after I am scheduled to take them)? I am afraid I was too liberal with the timing of my previous combination and thus shortened its 'lifespan'. 2)do i expect this new combination to last ~18 months, which was what my previous combo lasted? 3)how do you recommend i chane the times of the medications, since i will be travelling to different time zones continually for work?

Thaks a lot for you support! Jerry

Response from Dr. Boyle

The regimen you will be on will be once a day for the Videx EC and roughly every 12 hours for the Kaletra and AZT. The Videx and Kaletra are relatively forgiving, the AZT less so. You should be as close to on schedule as you can but an hour either way should not make a big difference. This combination should last at least 18 months if taken religiously. When you change time zones try to keep roughly on the every 12 hour dosing, but again, a little occasional slippage is OK so long as you otherwise take the medications reliably. By the way, I think your doctor did an excellent job of planning the sequencing of his medications.

Pulsing??
Expectations?