|Have you tried the enteric coated DDI, once a day
May 17, 2001
Has the new ebteric coated DDI, once a day been trialled in the States at all yet and ifso how have people found it, not due here till August at the earlist.
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Enteric Coated ddI (Videx EC) has been approved for use in the US. The studies and my experience show Videx EC to be very well tolerated. Most of the side effects with the buffered form of Videx (the tablets or powder), were due to the buffering and that has been eliminated from Videx EC (the enteric coating protects it from the stomach acid). My patients love it and it's just one pill once a day (on an empty stomach), which can make HAART much simpler and better tolerated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Happens When You Get Shingles In Your Eye?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Can Treat Recurring Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Syphilis And Rectal Bleeding
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.