Time of taking medication.. Very important?

I am on a combination of Ritonavir (2x100mg pd), Combivir (2x1 cap) and Crixivan (2x800mg pd).. When I started the therapy 9 months ago I had a VL of 1.000.000.000+ (sorry, don't know the proper notation).. this dropped to -500 (undetectable by dutch standards..) within 3 months..

The last few months I have not been so faithful to the time of taking my pills. This means that a lot of times I take them 'around' the time I should take them. This means that I should take them at 01:00PM and 01:00AM but in reality I take them late by 15 minutes to 1 hour regularly. I do however allways take them and never miss a dose. I am now worried of becoming resistant already to one of the medicines. Testing is in one month. Can you tell me how bad it is to take medication late by 15 min-1 hour ??

Thanks,

Ron Netherlands

Response from Dr. Boyle

The regimen you are on is somewhat forgiving regarding being late with doses. Adding ritonavir boosts indinavir trough levels significantly. This boosting makes it less likely that a small variation in dosing schedule (that is, taking the dose an hour or so later than usual) will lead to viral replication and resistance. It sounds like you are doing well with taking your medications. As you know, taking every dose is the key to success. The slight variations in timing of the doses shouldn't cause any problems. Keep up the excellent work!

What does this mean from here!
Neuropathy