|Twice daily dosing of Crixivan without Ritonavir
Apr 26, 2001
Has the twice a day dosing of Crixivan (in combination with Combivir) been abandoned or is it still being studied. I am speaking of 1200mg. of Crixivan without the boost of Ritonavir.
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Dosing Crixivan (indinavir) at 1200mg twice daily in combination with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (for example, Combivir) has been studied and abandoned because of a high rate of failure among the patients who took it. The ONLY acceptable and effective way to give Crixivan twice daily is in combination with Norvir (ritonavir).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.