|Progressive Multifocal Leucoencephalopathy
Mar 28, 2001
I was diagnoised with PML Dec. 1999. Is there any research currently being conducted?
| Response from Dr. Feinberg
There is not a lot of treatment research going on right now that I am aware of, but you can check the HIVATIS website which is a government resource that lists ongoing trials. The fact that you were diagnosed in 1999 and are sending questions in march 2001 is in itself a hopeful sign, because survival after a diagnosis of PML in the pre-HAART era was usually on the order of months. Most HIV+ people who develop PML now are living longer and have a much better quality of life if they are on HAART-- improvement in the immune system can sometimes be enough to control the disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Get Rid Of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy?
- How Is Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy Transmitted?
- I Have Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy Does That Mean I Have Aids
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy Prevention
- Warning Signs Of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy
- Should Someone With Hiv Take Hydrocodone?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.