Numbness/Heat in Feet/Legs

I have been Positive 6 years and Five months ago started treatment with Sustiva, Zerit, and Videx. About 3 weeks ago, I experienced aching feet,(both of them), then they got very hot and after a week began to move up my legs. My toes are red, there is numbness in my feet and lower legs. bottoms and tops of feet are very sensitive. Is this a reaction from my drugs or something else.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The problem you're describing sounds like peripheral neuropathy. This is probably related to the combination of Zerit (stavudine) and Videx (didanosine). Your doctor should evaluate it ASAP and if he agrees you should consider a change of therapy to a combination that avoids using these two "d" drugs together.

Re: Is this possible?
lipodystrophy