swollen parotids

DEar Doc. I was wondering if you had any suggestions on ways to shrink swollen parotids due to hiv/haart,short of surgery.Someone suggested that you ,pardon the pun,suck on sour balls and that this motion helps.(as told to him by Virginia Cafro) I tried it and got no result.Anothr suggested massage inside/outside of the area.(this I haven't done.) Any ideas short of surgery?? All the best to you and your family for the Holidays. Sincerely,Luke

Swollen parotids are often due to cystic disease in this setting. We have obtained a CT scan and had an ENT doc examine the person to feel secure that no other disease process is likely. In many of those cases we have utilized low-dose radiation therapy which has been very helpful. The parotids have decreased in size for > 1 year. Occasionally they have had to undergo more radiation treatments. KH

How long possibly???
CURRENT REGIMENT