|GI Related Problems
Dec 19, 2001
I refer to Q73632.qna posted Sep 26,2001 that Dr John Bartlett responded to. This is a follow up. Amylase result was 45 and Lipase 146 and I am losing weight and muscle mass. A barium meal and abdominal ultrasound are recommended. Can I have you thoughts/opinions any thing! Thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
I am not sure what the normal level is for the lipase at your clinic. In the setting of GI complaints on ddI/d4T I would worry about pancreatitis or hepatic (Liver) irritation. Lactic acidosis would also be a concern. Repeating the lab tests and checking liver, electrolytes, and possible a lactic acid often is useful. Best of all is a careful discussion /exam with your HIV doc. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.