GI Related Problems

I refer to Q73632.qna posted Sep 26,2001 that Dr John Bartlett responded to. This is a follow up. Amylase result was 45 and Lipase 146 and I am losing weight and muscle mass. A barium meal and abdominal ultrasound are recommended. Can I have you thoughts/opinions any thing! Thanks

I am not sure what the normal level is for the lipase at your clinic. In the setting of GI complaints on ddI/d4T I would worry about pancreatitis or hepatic (Liver) irritation. Lactic acidosis would also be a concern. Repeating the lab tests and checking liver, electrolytes, and possible a lactic acid often is useful. Best of all is a careful discussion /exam with your HIV doc. KH

No wonder the worried well exist!
drug failure