Severe Acne

I am a 37 year old male who has been HIV+ for 4 years. I have been on meds for one year (Trizivir). In the last 6 months I have begun to get sever acne on my face. It appears almost overnight and takes forever to heal. I have never, even as a teen, had acne like this before. Is this a side effect of the meds I am taking? My viral load has been undetectable for 1 year and my T-Cells continue to climb, they are currently at 750.

I have seen acne flare up in the context of HIV therapy for reasons that are not clear to me. The regimen you are on is simple and has not been identified as one that is particularly associated with acne. Checking hormone (thyroid, testosterone, etc)levels and topical treatment may be of some benefit (seeing a dermatologist is often a very good idea). KH

Sustiva, Combivir and Kaletra and side effects ?
No wonder the worried well exist!