numbness & pain in foot

Ive been HIV Positive for over 10 years. Meds currently taking: Viramune and Kaletra for about a year and 3TC for about 4 years (AZT was drop because of muscle loss.) Low dose Naltrexone for 10 years. Virus load is undetectable and T4 always sit between 500 and 600 at 21 - 23. For the past two months Ive notice that when I get up from bed in the morning I experience some strange pain in my right foot accompanied by numbness. It only last for a minute and then it goes away. Needless to say I can live with this but is this condition a side effect from 3TC for so long? Im always on the look-out for things in an early stage, so what is this? Any ideas on what this is?

Neuropathy is less common with 3TC than with the "D drugs" (D4T, ddI, and ddC) but does occur. What you are describing would be unusual for 3TC related neuropathy in that it is localized to just one food one time in the day. More likely would be some sort of compression neuropathy due to pressure on a nerve or blood vessel. If the other foot became similarly involved and or the sensation was more persistent I would be more inclined to blame the 3TC. An evaluation by a neurologist should sort that out. KH

Tenofovir and Bone Density Test
Neurontin