DT4 & Neuropathy

Ok I was on dt4 dor two months and the pain and tingling in my feet were crazy. I stopped teh drug I am now taking Kalentra, zigen and small dose of azt 200 mg a day cause small doses work well for me. VL is 0 t cells are 485 have never been hight I am pos 20 years never sick. Will this neuropathy go away soon? You said B-12 doesn't work. What is coasting.

Response from Dr. Boyle

"Coasting" is the time after the drug is stopped when the neuropathy may persist or even worsen. It may take some time for the neuropathy to completely go away and in the meantime I would use analgesics and neurotin or lamictal as needed to relieve your symptoms. Vitamin supplementation is unlikely to be helpful, but it's not likely to hurt either. You should review all of your medications and labs with your doctor and make sure you're not on any medications that can cause or exacerbate neuropathy and that your vitamine levels are normal.

Experiencing GI Discomfort
appetite still gone after 4 months...