Experiencing GI Discomfort

Recently I have been experiencing periodic belching and heartburn. When it occurs, it lasts for several days and is extremely uncomfortable. But alternately, I can go for a week or so without experiencing problems. Taking Pepcid provides some relief. I'm currently on Sustiva, Epivir, Ziagen, Welbutrin, Buspar, Oxandrin and Lipitor. My numbers are good: CD4=790 VL=undetectable, although lipids and cholesterol are elevated. I recently saw my doctor and forgot to mention the problem. Is this something I should be concerned about (i.e. a symptom of a bigger problem) or just a quality of life issue. Finally, is it something I should make another appointment with my doctor about, or wait until my next quarterly checkup?

Response from Dr. Boyle

I doubt that this is an indicator of a more serious problem since you don't report any other symptoms or problems, but it may indicate an ulcer or gastritis that may need to be investigated and addressed. Since you're getting relief from Pepcid at this point, I'd suggest that you take it daily (not just when you have symptoms) and if this doesn't relieve the problem you should call your doctor and be seen.

avandia or metformin?
DT4 & Neuropathy