Problem?

My husband is HIV+ and with opportunistic infections, we now know that he has full blown AIDS. Although he is doing extremely well - he feels great, just completed radiation for Kaposi's Sarcoma and is doing so well, chemo is not necessary - he is having a very unusual sympton that we are not quite sure if it is a problem or not. For the past 2 weeks his testicles have been "cool" to the touch. His penis is not affected at all and is at normal body temperature. Is this a sign or a signal of something that could possibly be wrong - or are we just overreacting because of everything else we have been through at this point? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Response from Dr. Boyle

I am relatively confident it is not a significant problem given its chronic nature without development of additional problems. Have you discussed this with his doctor. He should be evaluated and, if appropriate, he should be checked for vascular problems and hypogonadism.

Neuropathy
Where are you located