ageing skin

Hi, great site. Im taking 3tc, sustivia, and abacavir. My skin has a rubbery feeling to it, and it seem to be getting worse. Are any of these medications affecting this, which you might be aware ofit seems to have lost its sheen and seems to be ageing prematurely.

Sincerely,

John

Response from Dr. Boyle

John, While the medications you are on can cause a rash, that does not seem to be your current problem. It is tough to get a feel for your complaint without actually looking at it and feeling it. I'd suggest that you have your doctor or a dermatologist evaluate it. Based upon your description, I doubt that the antiretrovirals you're on are causing it.

effects
Clarification on tenderness