Oct 16, 2001
Can you explain to me the signs of lypodystrophy and what effects it has on the body.
| Response from Dr. Boyle
This is an extremely broad question and I'd suggest that you read about lipodystrophy on this and other sites for a full explanantion. Briefly, lipodystrophy involves fat gain centrally and fat loss peripherally, with or without metabolic disturbances such as increase lipid (fats) and glucose (sugar) levels. This condition can be extremely disfiguring and the etiology of it has not been clearly established as yet.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Foreplay Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Painful Ejaculation After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.