Neuropathy and Thrombosis in Right leg

As I am suffering from severe inhibiting neuropathy in both feet and suspecting that the resulting affect on immobility has been the cause of the development of the deep vein thrombosis,I am contemplating going off the Combivir(current regimen plus Neviripine)and replacing with Abacavir for about two months to see if the neuropathy will cease.That means that I will now be taking only two combos. Please would you tell me if this is a good idea or not and whether there will be any complications further down the track e.g. resistance to Combivir if I have to get back onto it.Should I also take another Nuke to replace the lost one? Many Thanks

Combivir + viramune would be an unusual cause of neuropathy. You might want to get an opinion from an HIV experienced neurologist on that. Usually the d drugs (D4T, ddI, ddC) are most linked to neuropathy. Protease inhibitors are rarely linked to neuropathy so a decision about what to do depends partly on your past treatment and HIV/CD4 history and on whether the neurologist finds any other possible cause for your significant leg complaints. Keith Henry, M.D.

leg and back muscle pain
Peripheral Neuropathy