thc/pot/Marinol and heart attack risk

Several months ago I saw and read a few reports on the possible risk of heart attack with the use of pot. Baby-boomers were having problems if they had been using pot since their halcyon days. Since some of our meds cause lipid increases and risk of heart disease/attack is now documented for awhile, is there any data on the use of Marinol or pot - that their use compounds this risk?

I am unaware of any specific data on that issue. Marinol is commonly used in the setting of HIV infection to either stimulate the appetite or combat medication related nausea. If the calories consumed are not heart friendly (ie too many Whoppers/Big Macs) then the lipid problem can worsen. Each situation is different. Marinol might also have some effects on hormone levels/fertility which can further complicate the picture. I use Marinol often when necessary but pat attention to the lipid /hormone levels and treat any problems accordingly. Keith Henry, M.D.

Bone loss??
Voltaren Cream for Peripheral Neuropathy