Having lots of swelling, fatigue, depression is it side effects?

Hello, I've been hiv pos. for 12 years. Never been on any meds. until recently 9 months ago. Anyway these problems just started 3 months ago. Before medicine VL(100,000)CD4(170) Now VL(-25)CD4(330)My doctor sending me to a GI doctor could it be that it something else along with the extreme swelling in my stomach,feet,hands I'm having lower back pain, I think the depression coming from just not feeling well. I'm so tired of this people are starting to notice my stomach asked if I was pregnant. My meds. are zerit epivir sustiva. I've already went through lots of test including upper and lower CT.Also I have morning diarrhea.should I go to the GI.Is it my meds if so what can I do to help ease these symptoms

It is crucial that you feel better! Your Drug cocktail has been a success from the HIV standpoint but possibly a failure from the humanistic standpoint. The "art" of the situation is to find a cocktail that is agreeable to your mind/body and disagreeable still to HIV. You certainly have made progress from the HIV perspective -- I agree with the decision to start treatment and the initial regimen was reasonable. Assuming there are no other underlying medical problems a switch in your meds might be worth trying. You might discuss with your doc trying AZT/3TC (combivir) and abacavir as an alternative simple regimen with not much overlap as far as side effects to see how that sits with your body. The Sustiva can contribute to depression in a small percent of cases. Seeing a GI specialist to make sure your liver/pancreas are OK and that you have no other infections in your gut (H pylori, etc). Keith Henry, M.D.

Degenerative spine
I dont understand