Cocktail Eyes? Is this possible?

Hello

I'm in hiv therapy since 2/98. My vl is <50, T495. My current treatment is combivir and sustiva. I really don't have any complaints about this therapy (although the nightmares still occur) except that my eyes look always tired. (I sleep from 6 to 7 hrs per day.) I have these two eye bags underneath my eyes that never seem to disappear no matter how much I sleep. Is this related to the Sustiva? Is there something I can do about it? I exercise 3x week and drink plenty of water. I also tried some concealer (make up) but it didn't work. Thanks in advance for your advice.

JC

Interesting twist. It is possible that a lack of sleep could cause that appearance. You might try melatonin 3 mg, benadryl 25 mg, and several buffered aspirin at night to see if that helps you sleep more naturally. You might want to get a book like Home Remedies I or II to look at ways to help yourself sleep better before trying any sleeping pills (sometimes with Sustiva we use Ativan or trazadone or something like that). Keith Henry, M.D.

joints pain as side effect
To Quit or Not to Quit (meds)