Body Itching

I was diagnosed in January 2000 I was started with Combivir & Sustiva I also was taking prozac 40mg. I am 30YO male 160lbs. I developed an itch over most of my body from neck down with it most intense near my groin area and buttocks. They tried lamisil, prescription cortisone and took me off all of my meds for 1 month with no help. I was then sent to a dermatologist and a biopsy was taken with a result that I was hypersensitive to something but they don't know what?.. So then I was sent to an allergist and he thought it was my detergent (Tide) So I switched to a baby detergent & Dove with no help. Do you have any suggestions about what it might be -- maybe nerves?? Please help if you can

Response from Dr. Boyle

Given the extensive workup and treatment that you have already had, it is tough to imagine that it is your current medications, but that is still remotely possible. It could also be "nerves", but that doesn't explain the biopsy findings. I would suggest you continue to work with your allergist and consider intensifying your anti-itch medications, especially if your current antiretroviral regimen is working well. Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Just Diagnosed - What now?
Emotional Outbursts w/ Cocktail and OTC