transient?

Dr. Henry

First of all, thank you for this incredible site. It is an amazing resource. I had a potentially risky experience a couple months ago with a girl in which I am unaware of her HIV status. Is a rash that comes and goes typical for ARS? The word transient is throwing me off a bit. For about a month I have had some strange things with my skin, but no other symptoms. For the first couple weeks I had these small red patches on face, about the size of a quarter, that usually itched. I would only have them one at a time, it would last an hour or so and then go away. This occurred every day or two. Then for about a week and a half I had what looked to be mosquito bites (I am almost certain they were not) on my neck and shoulders. The centers were white, raised, itched intensely, when I itched it would have a pretty good surrounding redness (about 3 inches in diameter) after I scratched. These would also go away after an hour or two. Again, only one at a time, every day or two. Those did not occur again, but then at the third week of my "rashes" I started getting the redness on my face again as well as a couple times on my chest. This has been going on for another week. So to conclude, I am curious if this rash seems typical or not? I understand that I would need to be tested in a few more weeks to be sure, but I have been reading so much on this incredibly thourough website and I have not seemed to find anyone with a similar question. Any insight would be much appreciated. Also, could stress/anxiety have anything to do with it? I have made myself pretty crazy with this over the last month and I am trying to manage it.- Thank You

What you described is highly unlikely to be related to new HIV Infection. If you are worried enough-get tested for the relief that a negative test often provides and then be careful! KH

drug cocktails
question