feet problems

I have been dealing with several aids related problems over the last 2 years. Buffalo hump, which i had lyposuction done and have been pleased with. My plastic surgeon said that it could redevelope in other areas of my body and it has started in my hips and lower back. And now, almost over night i developed "moon face" swollen neck gland and my feet hurt so bad, heel spurs, that i have to walk around on tip toes. My doctor says that it might be due to zerit and changed my meds, but it has been over a month and neither seem to be getting better. I am seeing that more of these problems seem to develope with people who have been on treatment for years, 13 here. Is there any thing I can do to turn these problems around? Thanks for your help and web site.

Problem with feet are common among people with HIV infection. Most common is peripheral neuropathy; this however, is not what you have. Heel spurs are not associated with HIV infection, to my knowledge. Often, they are associated with intrinsic anatomic problems with the feet, overuse injuries or bad shoes. I our experience, a visit to a good podiatrist to get fitted for orthotics (devices to assist with the placement of your feet within shoes) is often very helpful. Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Lipomas
long term use of dexadrine