Changed meds - now my neck is stiff

Changed from Norvir to Sustiva due to cholesterol and triglyceride issues. 5 mos. later (now), I have persistent stiff lower neck with no detectable swollen lymphs and no trauma/injury to neck/body. Combivir and Sustiva are my only meds. Is this possibly related to med. switch and subsequent rapid drop in HDL or Triglyceride? I am scared to look deeper for fear of finding some kind of opport.infec. related cause. CD4 600, vl undetect, CBC and SMAC normal 2mos. ago. Thanx for your hardwork here!

Response from Dr. Boyle

No, I don't think that your current problems are related to the medication switch. While idiosyncratic reactions can occur, I have not seen this particular one and have not heard any reports of it. You should be evlauated by a physician for other causes for your neck stiffness and potential therapies. Based upon the labs you mention, I doubt that it is HIV related and given that it is chronic it is likely to be musculoskeletal in origin.

Discontinue or Stop Meds due to rash
Acclimating to New Cocktail