Peptide T and PML

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I thought I would try anyway. I will give you the short version. I have a brother that was diagnosed with Aids and PML in November, 1999. By February he could no longer do anything for himself. Now he can at least feed himself finger foods, walk a little with the walker. His balance and coordination are way off. The doctors here say he is stable and will not improve any more. I think they are wrong. Anyway, I was reading an article on Peptide T and how it helped others with PML. Can you give me any info on this and if we should give it a try? We are desperate and willing to try anything that will help him to improve.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The last randomized trial I saw indicated that peptide T was ineffective in HIV-infected patients with cognitive deficits. It is possible that your brother can improve with HAART or some experimental therapies (e.g., cidofovir) and I would discuss these with his doctors. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

facial warts
LIPIDS AND NORVIR