Small Skin Rash

Hello. I'm on Sustiva, Zerit and Videx with good results. A combo selected with my Doctor and from reading the countless postings here to help me understand my 2nd try at this. Thanks. It's been about 3 months now and I have developed what appears to be a rash on my hip at the waist line. No other location, no other rash, nothing. It itches, but it is small and circular about 1". If I don't touch it, it simply stays somewhat reddish and I ignore it. If I get in the "itch it" mode, it develops, widens and will appear to peal a day later. Does not do anything else really, but it's been with me for a month now. Is this something serious or simply a rash born out of my weight gain and my, ah eh, ever increasing waistline? I forgot to bring it to the attention of my clinician last week as it was not bothering me. Thanks again.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The rash you are describing is unlikely to be anything serious and I doubt that it is related to weight gain. It may be a mild dermatitis (for example eczema) or a fungal infection and I would have your doctor evaluate it. With appropriate treatment, you should be able to get rid of it pretty easily. BB

Brian Boyle, M.D., J.D.

Peripheral Neuropathy of both feet
Sustiva: no peaceful/relaxing REM sleep - BY