The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Mastocytosis and HIV
Sep 11, 2000

I am a general practitioner treating 350 people living with HIV. My newest patient gives a history of mastocytosis. How to refer him to an expert that treats both HIV and mastocytosis? Please e-mail me privately as I don't think that this question has universal appeal. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Henry

The overlap between those two diseases is limited so there is no doc with a large experience with both that I know of. A clinical immunologist or dermatologist with HIV interest may be a good place to start. KH

Keith Henry, M.D.

abacavir-induced diabetes
Seasonal Allergies and HIV

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint