sores from medications?

one year later and countless dermatologists later I am still suffering. For the past year I have been getting circular lesions on my face that are filled with clear fluid. After the the top layer of skin comes off the lesion oozes for several weeks and then finally dries up. I am at the end of my rope. First I was told it was herpes, then discoid lupus, the latest is prurigo nodularis. I have received cortisone injections weekly for 6 months that left holes in my face, been on zovirax, and valtrex and now am taking antihistamines,using topical bactroban and taking eryromysin.Still the lesions keep coming. I just read an article from the durban south africa conf. indicating rash is seen 28% of agenerase usurs -- which I'm on -- the rash was described as a flat red "erythematous macular"could this be what I have? I have totally lost faith in my doctors -- can anyone help me? --(I also did derm. rounds and had two biopsies that showed it could be drug related -- (but since its only on my face they think not) bacteria was also found

It certainly sounds like you have a persistent, troubling problem. Certainly herpes or other viral infections complicate the care of those with HIV infection. Often, these lesions are atypical and chronic. Indeed, often difficult to treat. Assuming that these have been looked for, and that you have not had a response to herpes medications,it might not be unreasonable to discontinue as many drugs as possible to see if the skin problem that you have might be drug-related. I would do this under the supervision of your medical providers (perhaps with their support).-BY

Benjamin Young, M.D., Ph.D.

drug to reverse testosterone side effects?
Unending diarrhea