Sep 25, 2000
I recently did a 4 wk Procrit treatment (7000 unit 3X/wk). My hemogl numbers are staying in the 10.0 to 10.8 range and I am tired a lot, altho I can work through it to complete whatever task I do. My Doctor said maybe a weekly higher dose of Procrit might be worth a try. Any suggestions re: dosage/frequency etc.? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
Procrit (EPO) usually takes several months to observe benefit so it is early. For 3 X week dosing I usually use at least 10,000 units each dose. Also. make sure your testosterone levels are OK and that your nutritional status is good (including iron, vit B12 and folic acid). You may want to consider some vitamin supplements (see Healing HIV by Jon Kaiser). KH
Keith Henry, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.